Who do you call?

Reporting a crime

If you are unlucky and have been a victim of crime you can report it in several ways:

  • If it’s an emergency where life and property is threatened, and the crime is still taking place, call 000 and ask for the police.
  • If it’s not an emergency, do not call 000. Ring 131 444.

    This doesn’t mean the crime is not important – it just helps the police to make the best use of their resources. This number is for police attendance that is non-urgent. For example, reporting anti-social behaviour, home burglary or motor vehicle theft.

    You also ring this number to report and property related incident or enquiry where police attendance is not required.

  • You can go to your local police station and report the crime there. You can find the address and telephone number on the WA Police Force website.
  • If you have information regarding a crime and don’t want to talk to the police, contact the Crime Stoppers Online or call 1800 333 000. You will remain 100% anonymous. Always.
  • Download the Eyes on the Street App from Google Play and the Apple App Store for free for easy reporting of information direct to Crime Stoppers.


Please note: Neighbourhood Watch does not take reports of crime.