Protect Your Home
Make your home safe as a castle
You can reduce the chances of home burglary with a few simple steps:
- If you’re on holiday, arrange for mail to be held by Australia Post or collected daily by someone while you’re away.
- Keep doors and windows locked at all times.
- Keep valuable items such as home computers, laptops, stereos and mobile phones out of sight.
- Do not leave spare keys hidden outside – leave them with a neighbour, friend or relative.
- Keep trees and shrubs trimmed to reduce the opportunity for burglars to hide and increase visibility from the street.
- Be mindful of posting information about yourself on social media. Saying you’re on holiday suggests you aren’t home.
- If you have a home alarm system, activate it when leaving your home unattended.