What we do
What we do
The program aims to increase cohesion and connectedness in communities, help to prevent crime, increase neighbourliness and community wellbeing, increase the level of home security in our community, reduce preventable crime, encourage the report of suspicious activity, improve the quality of information passed on to Police and encourage the marking of valuables to discourage theft and assist in identifying recovered property. It also increases awareness and education in relation to crime prevention.
Why participate in the Neighbourhood Watch program?
People join Neighbourhood Watch for many different reasons, whether it is to improve safety around their home or to become part of a group and meet new people. It is widely regarded that being part of Neighbourhood Watch can:
- Reduce / prevent local crime and disorder
- Reduce fear of crime
- Address issues relating to antisocial behaviour
- Create safer neighbourhoods
- Build community spirit and cohesion
- Reassure members of the public
- Assist in the detection and apprehension of criminals through members providing information to the police
- Improve quality of life and the local environment